- Consider installing home theatre smart lighting and home theatre lighting control for the ultimate in convenience.
- A dimmable switch works well in the home theatre.
- Install ceiling pot lights for ambient illumination.
- Side table lamps can be used for task lighting.
- Decorative lighting ideas are plentiful: i) consider varying colours of light to create a cool effect, ii) LED strips lights can be strategically placed along walkways to the entrance/exit or to the bathroom, or behind your TV screen, iii) wall sconces add a soft glow and decorative touch, but the light beam should point up or down and not towards the viewer, otherwise it may cause an annoying reflection on the screen or cause eye strain.
These home theatre lighting tips are fine and dandy, but how much does it cost to install a home theatre anyway? Of course, it depends on the cost of the devices, whether you’re incorporating smart technology, and any required electrical upgrades. So aside from the cost of equipment, give us a call to assess your space, advise you of any specific electrical projects that need to be done, and to give you an estimate based on that.
What else should you consider in regards to a home theatre installation? If you know the value of surge protection, then you might know how sensitive certain electronics are to possible power surges - basically almost all the equipment in a home theatre system is susceptible to damage. So it would be wise to add surge protection outlets, or if you have sensitive equipment throughout your home, consider adding whole house surge protection.
What is a good tip to create a streamlined look in a home theatre? If the home theatre setup is all in place - the seats, the lighting, the electronic devices, but then you see some unsightly cords, is it time to snip them? Sometimes, opting for wireless multimedia systems can sacrifice the sound and picture quality, so a good option is to ask your trusted electrician to cleanly hide the cables so you get the best of both worlds, a streamlined look and great quality multimedia system to boot!
Be sure to involve a trusted electrician to help you with your home theatre planning phase, and you’ll enjoy an optimal entertainment surrounding for years to come! Our Richmond Hill electricians can take care of all your home theatre electrical wiring needs with ease.
Copyright © 2020 Electricians Richmond Hill | All rights reserved